PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BOI into the 2012 Tornado Collision over the Moray Firth
Old 24th Dec 2013, 22:26
Courtney Mil

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Tuc
There are two parts to this debate. There are those who are arguing against the RAF’s decision that a CWS is needed in Tornado; and those, like myself, who are asking why MoD have decided to serially lie over the events between 1998 (endorsement) and today (still not fitted).
I'm not sure that's true, Mate. There are those that say it should be fitted (in whatever form "it" is), there are those that are not sure what the need or cosequences are and then there are those making accusations of lies and criminal activity

I do respect your stance on this - as with many things you rightly stand for, but I don't think it's fair to say that anyone here is actually saying that some sort of CAWS should not be fitted. Some very good alternatives have been put forward (I would commend more thought given to Link16/JTIDS) and folk have expressed some doubts about some of the systems. That doesn't mean anyone here is siding with the forces of darkness.

The debate here (it is a debate) is not polarized into those that are against "it" and those that challenge the MOD. Sorry, Mate, I disagree with you on that point. I don't usually.