PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet shocking service at Gatwick!
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2013, 21:18
smallpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dash8Driver... You've totally missed the point on this I'm afraid. This isn't about davidjh asking you, or anyone else to go 'above and beyond...' to get him and all the thousands of other travellers home for Christmas.
This is all about reputational damage to both the EZY and LGW 'brands' -something that in this age of instant social media (Twitter, Facebook, news websites etc) can turn a 'problem' into a full blown crisis in a matter of hours.
I suggest anyone takes a look at any media websites and look at the trashing that those 2 firms are getting. It looks worse than p*sspoor for both of them, something that even Mr 'what do you expect for 50 quid, **** off' O'leary has learned about.
His point about the EZY Captain was that he belived the Capt did what he did in the expectation that his firm would make the effort to inform and attempt to transport those thousands of stranded pax. Sadly it looks like his management have let him and all those pax down, and in turn LGW's management have left pax to fend for themselves. Between the 2 firms its a 'nothing to do with me guv, now p*** off' attitude thats clearly alienated and upset such a huge number of people, especially at this time of year.
As I say, reputational damage can destroy firms and hard won goodwill can be lost in an instant.