PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lake Evella crash findings
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2003, 07:29
Used and Abused

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
404 Titan

I agree with you that they are legally responsible to ensure that their bases and pilots are supervised and run safely within the law. What I was trying to say was that I think that it is silly to say that he was living in a sh!t hole on bad wages etc and this was the reason he did it. I hope that makes sense.

Left handed rock thrower says :

the reason i feel this is the case is due to many pilots not respecting the company, a 2 way street.
That is my point exactly. Pilots (with this company) start their new job full of excitement and want to do really well. Over time they come so realise that they are nobody special thanks to the attitudes of managment and sadly lose their enthusiasm and respect for the operator. I have worked quite a few jobs where this was the case. I have also worked (and working) for companies that value their pilots and I would do anything (within the law of course) that was asked of me by the companies. The reason for this is they made me feel that they wanted me working for them right from the start. The other companies made me feel like they were doing me the greatest favour in the world by letting me work for them.

I feel so dirty.