PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 24th Dec 2013, 12:15
McBruce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I very much doubt it.

Nothing would surpise me though but I can't see this happening. Over all my years in Ryanair we've heard many rumours, some coming from reliable sources, most never come to fruition.

RYR are trying to increase their image, increase relations with their customers. They are trying to avoid bad press. The pilot group and management are at an all time low in their relationship with one wrong move, could be decisive for the pilot group in getting representation. Coming up with a stupid plan such as P2F would generate a PR and HR nightmare. Just to give you an idea how sensitive they are in terms of PR at the minute - they started of by saying they won't implement controlled rest inflight because the papers would get a hold of the procedures and tear them a new one. Now that we're doing even longer sectors this winter they are trying to implement controlled rest but the wording of the memo has been meticulously chosen. No doubt the idea of P2F scheme is coming from some idiot in the training department trying to climb that RYR ladder to get closer to his idol. Ultimately the decision will come from the very top and the shareholders now want a positive image.

If they do then all hope is lost with this management in control and the only way to protect your future is by joining www.ryanairpilotgroup.com / REPA and fix the mess through action.

Last edited by McBruce; 24th Dec 2013 at 12:38.