PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircrew Pretending to Be RAF Regt
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2013, 09:19
sittingstress

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
There are probably more Rock Apes who pretend they are pilots. Another Non story
Bloody right too!

Picture the scene: it was November 1984 and an 18 year old LAC sittingstress was on his first det away, Belize. This finely honed young Gunner who, when wearing his boots, had the profile of a 9 Iron considered himself a bronzed adonis.

R & R with his rapier detachment in a small fishing village called Cancun. The bar was full of ladies from the US of A and the young lothario needed an edge to impress the stunning Red Rum look-a-like from New York that he was engaging in conversation.

FLASH--------I am a Harrier pilot at Airport Camp. Yes it is difficult training and takes years. Only the cream of the crop get chosen. Of course I can demonstrate how to fly it, pass me those beer bottles and prepare to be stunned with my hand/eye/foot coordination.

Panic then set in as his grumpy Gunner Sgt,Cpl and SAC arrive and enquire as to what he is doing.

FLASH MK2--------Ah good to see you blokes. Red Rum please meet my groundcrew. OUCH that hurt.

ENDEX and Red Rum exits stage left for a male who doesn't have the build of a dessert spoon.

Happy days!

Last edited by sittingstress; 24th Dec 2013 at 10:10.