PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skies Aviation
Thread: Skies Aviation
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2013, 08:31
departures131

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Guys, I am considering doing business with Skies, but after reading some reports about false promises I am having doubts.

My situation is this, I am 52 years old male whom 2 years ago sold a successful franchise and took early retirement, it was always my wife & I dream to fly, so we both embarked on our PPL at Bourne airfield in Cambridgeshire using the C172, we have both had our PPL for well over a year now, but I decided I wanted to go all the way to commercial so carried out the additional training at Oxford.

The decision to get a CPL was more based on wanting the higher grade of license rather than wanting to go back in to employment, never the less I was successful with the CPL and I also got the instrument rating.

I was fortunate enough to have been able to purchase my own aircraft a 1999 B36 so have racked up almost 450 hours to date.

However I would love to fly the big metal just for the experience but only short term, this is why the 500 hours of line training appeals to me, I don't want to do to get ahead in the job market I have no interest to go back to work, I just want to do for the experience and to tick the box of the list of life long ambitions.

I have read the forum and understand that it is controversial and I apologies to the fine airmen whom are against this, but from what I have read it appears if you don't do it someone else will and it shows no sign of coming to an end any time soon, so with this in mind and the upmost respect for the industry I feel I am justified to fulfill my dream of flying a jet airplane with PAX in the back. I have no intensions to work in the industry its just for 1-2 years for the experience and to fulfill my love of flying.

could I ask are Skies legitimate and if I enroll with there type rating will I indeed get my line training? which is ultimately what I am really after.

alternatively I have spoken with Steven at eagle jet and he has informed me of a 767 opportunity in Asia, any thoughts on this program?