PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Incident at Johannesburg
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2013, 04:04
LIMA OR ALPHA JUNK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Kungfu Panda,

Fine, it is a public forum and any Tom, Dick or Harry can get involved if he/she wishes to. PPRUNE actually stands for Professional Pilots Rumour Network and as such when I joined, I thought it would attract like-minded people not journalists and armchair keyboard warriors who know very little about what they are talking about. But the floodgates are open and anyone can have their say on here.

I have several friends flying in China in the left hand seat who have to do every take off and landing because the First Officer is not allowed to. God help the passengers if my mate keels over in flight and a hull is lost, not due to the First Officers skills, but because of the culture in the Far East.

This is not thread creep but comparing Korean/Asiana etc etc crashes with what has happened here is disingenuous and irrelevant as much as Neila would like to link the two.

If he doesn't like flying or the safety culture in aviation amongst UK pilots which I believe is amongst the best in the world, then let him go on a slow boat to wherever.

Perhaps Neila would like to focus his attention on the medical profession who earn far more, are not so rigorously tested and who seemingly cause far more deaths by malpractice.

Last edited by LIMA OR ALPHA JUNK; 24th Dec 2013 at 04:37.