PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Incident at Johannesburg
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2013, 00:22
neila83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So if I've got this right, pilots need more automation? Because that's what you seem to be asking for. Apparently they have too many tasks and might need to look down, so they need more lights and computers to guide them. Phew, good job the industry is going the right way, I had the impression you guys HATE automation dependency. Of course you don't! After the Asiana discussion I assumed all pilots outside Asia could do absolutely everything without a processor in sight. You see how ridiculous the automation discussion looks now when suddenly you're all begging for more help to taxi? It is you guys who need to grow up thank you. Ad yes, I have made my decision, as I'm sure many have after reading the attitude on here, I'm as likely to fly BA as I am Air France, sad as I am to say it. And that, is the real result of the attitude you guys show, and after this year, it's probably thousands thinking the same, so I would take it seriously.

But a crew that made a mistake landing are hung, drawn and quatered. And yes, it is racism, because everyone was very quick to make excuses for the fire crew, who's job it is to save people, and who should be trained to deal with complex emergencies.

Yes be human. But in some jobs you need to be more careful than others, deal with it. Some humans are more arrogant/complacent/carefree than others. If they reveal that as a pilot, do you think they should still be a pilot?

Last edited by neila83; 24th Dec 2013 at 00:42.