PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2013, 00:05
Jack1985

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How dare they not fly to places we don't want to go to!
Haha, well look airlines react to demand and thats what the industry is focusing on now, who'd blame um!

I'd be slightly surprised if they go from 5 back to 3 on BCN but it's great to see Lisbon back as it did very well last year and it's also used by at least one inclusive tour operator. There is some growth with EI and EIR but I'm not as optimistic about overall growth at Cork in 2014 as I was a few months ago.
Let's just hope for 2014, we can grow even by the smallest of margins, I'm just hoping we get this autonomy pretty soon! Although I'm not holding my breath for change even if we do, thats what worries me.

Just to show how challenging flying is, EI724 has just returned to Cork after cancelling the approach in Heathrow, had to declare emergency and head back home as no airports were accepting them in London what the hell! The pilot reported winds in LHR as 190 at 54kts with severe turbulence all the way down from 2,000ft. You should be able to listen to it on LiveATC he was just talking on the radio about 5mins ago.

Let's hope everyone gets home this Christmas hey!