PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What Makes an Outstanding Captain
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2013, 16:04
doubleu-anker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was mentioned about long sleeve shirts, possibly interfering with the throttles.

What disturbs me, is the number of FD crew, a lot from ME airlines I see wearing bracelets, You know those Stupid gold chains. If that isn't a safety issue I don't know what is.

Yes inviting critique is essential in Captaincy. The more experience you get in this business, the more you realize how fallible we are.The communication lines must be kept open. If you are "riding" the crew and generally giving them a hard time for e.g., you could well be on your own, when you need them most. When things go wrong, don't start looking for someone to blame. You are the Captain, so take some responsibility. If the Hat fits, then wear it.

Quiet a lot of CTA with a few posters on here. Don't be too eager to start writing reports that drops some else in it. Give a warning shot first, if possible.

People management and psychology play a big part in Captaincy and CRM. We all perform best in a relaxed environment. We all like a pat on the back now and again, so where you think it's warranted, give it. Show some manners. The odd please and thank you doesn't go amiss. As said, have fun, life's too short. Could go on. Sorry to have bored you.

Last edited by doubleu-anker; 23rd Dec 2013 at 17:07.