PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Enstrom Corner
Thread: Enstrom Corner
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2013, 13:09
lvflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for your input all. The Lamiflex bearings were replaced before I took delivery and I was told by the seller that the readings were .1ips. I can say that the difference between initial test flight before purchase and the flight just before delivery was night and day. Before I couldn't read the instruments it shook so bad in the hover and after the replacement it was smooth. I can now hover practically hands off and I can fly hands off for a while as well, but I don't know what .1ips should feel like. I don't trust the AP that worked on this and nobody else does track and balance so I was considering investing in a Dynavibe since Bayard DuPont at Enstrom tested the system and approves. The vibration is primarily in forward flight so I assume that is tracking more than balance. I hope to fly up north a bit this summer and have a couple former owners of this ship take a ride and tell me if everthing is normal. I'll try the swinging the blades as described and I plan on getting the bleed kit from Bayard. I'm in the process of getting the tools and nitrogen tank together to properly service the struts, but that shake on take off has settled down since I let some pressure out of one of the fronts. I'll do it properly when the weather warms up. It's sitting in the hangar with space heaters now anyway.