PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HERO AVIATION blackmailing.
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2013, 10:53
mirimigghi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear all,
I'm new in this forum and....YESS! I register only to write here!
But unfortunately I'm not new in hero aviation!
I want to spend some minutes to tell all of you what happens there........
Firs of all......the location.....
the headquarter of the school is in kalamata airport.....well....not actually in the airport but in an external building.
In the airport there's only a small room that is used for the briefings and debriefings (usually the debriefing is an optional!!).
This is the first "strange" point as I've never seen a flight school based outside of an airport!
Kalamata is a military airport open to civil traffic but here comes the first problem......the air force doesn't allow hero aviation to fly during the week! So is clear that is impossible to give a PPL license in one month!
Then.....When you arrive n kalamata you discover that you need some kind of airport ID and due to Greek laziness it will take up to two months!!!!!
While you are waiting for the ID you start the ground school.....THERE'S NO GROUND SCHOOL FOR THE PPL!
They just give you some cbt and a kind of data bank......of course all the students, without a guide, will focus on the data bank and learn it by heart!
Once you get your ID than start the flying circus!
Two airplanes, one 150 and one 172, nothing more!
the two airplanes are absolutely old, most of the instruments doesn't work and honestly......I don't feel safe to fly with them!
But anyway I'm in.....so....let's go!
My instructor spend most of the time taking pictures with his stupid iphone.....what I think is..........as you spend your last 30 years flying in greece......why you keep taking pictures!?!?!?!? Teach me something!!
the other one speek a very poor english but this is not a problem.......most of the time he speek greek with the controllers and of course......I don't understand nothing!
let's go ahead......let's say that I will get my PPL license here.......
than comes the mess!
The ground school is now and then, with different instructors most of them from the airforce.
They play a cbt on the screen and basically we look at it all the time.
ok.....the theory is not a big problem.....let's say that if I study hard finally I will get my CPL exams......
but now I have to complete the flying part.......around 180h?!?
The question is.....HOW?!?!?!?
Two airplanes for more than 30 students.......flying only in the weekend plus friday afternoon.
So totally we have around 15/20h to fly per week.
30 student X 200h = 6000 Hours to do!
6000 / 20 = 300 weeks to give all the actual students theys ATPL IMPOSSIBLE!!!!
More than this (I can't understand why....) new student are always coming and that means less time for the actuals ones.
No one of the two airplanes is certified for IFR flight, there's no simulator, no night VFR.........how can they give a ATPL license without them?!?
After all this I would like to say something more.........
there were two good instructors, one from england and one from italy, they were wery good with us and they follow us from the beginning.....I think that's why they get fired! Just because with them we were going very fast and dimos have all the interest to stop us in order to have less people ready to fly.........
I think is more than enough.........
I kindly suggest to anybody to stay away from this crazy people, is better to spend more and get what you've payed for, instead of keep trusting dimos lies waiting for something that will never happen!
Good luck to anybody, fly always high and happy landings!

P.S. I really don't care if you discover or not who I am......what I say here is absolutely true