PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Linetraining/base check/ Please advise!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2013, 00:13
leteci

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Kazz,

As I understand you are current on type but you are not recent on type and that is two different things.
The problem is that 99% of companys doesn't understand that if you made your revalid LPC on sim level D you are current and recent and this sim can be consider like date of your last flight.
Most of them can not understand that.
Also try to find in JAA/EASA deffinition of RECENCY and you will see what it says.
So any company which would like to hire you must give you OCC doesen't matter if you already flying or not you have to pass full OCC course with sim LPC/OPC check and after that MUST have 10 + 2 line sector under supervision.
So that means your last flight can be 10 years ago if you keep current your type every 12 months.
Again problem is insurance company who made that stupid regulation that your last flight should be within 90 days or 6 months or 12 months because in that case airlines will pay less insurance but if some comapny really need you they don't care about last flight.
Also market is full of guys who is currently flyng and other guys who destroyed aviation because they pay to fly and because of them you will never got a job.
Your only chance is to find a DFO or chief pilot from small company who is your good friend to get you in, otherwise you are like just a non type rated CPL pilot with 200 hours total I agree it is stupid but that is truth.
I belive that you will find something keep applying good luck!!