PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Love flying, not keen on dying :))
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2013, 18:10
eyesup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can find no reference to R-LOC anywhere. Emailed a few buddies who between them have over 100,000 hours. No joy. Has anyone else ever heard the well-documented term R-LOC? Anyone? Anyone at all?
But you said you already knew what that was ? You're now beginning to contradict yourself, which I suppose is to be expected.

Look up the term wing-loading and try and work out why if one airplane weighs 472.5kg and the other identical looking one weighs 600kg they fly differently.
(draws a long breath). You have missed the point, in your emotionally charged rant. The fact is.........LSA have more Runway Loss of Control (that would be spelt R-LOC, just in case you were wondering) than regular GA aircraft - mostly attributed to their vulnerability to cross-winds, and gusts in particular. Again, RELATIVE TO GA ALTERNATIVES. It doesn't matter a toss whether it's 472.5 kg here and 600 or whatever it is over there. It's about the category they are registered in, and that data (incidentally from the US with it's heavier LSA than here in Germany!) supports the finding. Why is that so hard for you to accept ? Are you as stubborn in the air as you are in this forum? Please then let me know when & where you are flying for if you are in the air I would prefer not to be.

You could call them whatever you want, but the higher incidence of running off runways compared to GA is acknowledged. Except by you, who of course has better experience, data and insight. Because you've flown an FK 12, right ? Of course you have (despite not knowing it was from Germany)

Your obsession with the sim thing is quite interesting though. I have more real hours than sim hours (pretty easy since I have no sim). Now, in the interests of sending this thread to it's natural death, just answer one (ok, it's actually two) last question(s) for me : Are you really that ignorant (tell me you've been joking all along), or are you actively in denial ?

You don't have to analyse it to the nth degree. Just accept there is some risk involved as with all adventurous activities. Then decide to do it or not do it, it's not a hard call to make.
Dave, thank you, you are right. Thing is though, and I openly admit this (and therefore started the OP), is that I simply don't believe I properly understand the risks involved, yet. There has indeed been some very helpful advice and even contact on this forum. However, there have also been (like many other things in life I guess) some folks who despite clear, logical and substantiated facts still choose to argue - for whatever reason