PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2013, 10:00
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
Danny, I do indeed rest assured Sir. My post was merely an attempt at your caption competition in the manner of WD491 addressing me in reproof, given that I had left her with her nose buried in the grass. Having explained my feeble joke, it is obviously no longer in the running. C'est la vie!

Camlobe, kind of you to reassure me that inadvertently taking to the grass was par for the course, but I should just as swiftly reassure you that it was my only such offence of that type.
Personal duvets? I can hardly believe it. We have come a long way from Danny's personal fully strung air transportable collapsible scratcher, but ingenuity will out and your bed pack was, I am sure, pristine.
Interesting that you found the Hercules complex. I did too, but from a lower level of knowledge. Suffice it to say that all the complexity kept going once fired up, only to be arrested in my experience by some ancillary fault or other, which a harness change or injector flush would often cure. A broken oil pipe was the one cause of having to shut one down in anger that I recall. We diverted to RAAF Pearce as a result and taxied onto their clean white concrete apron. Well, it was up to then...

A Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all that inhabit these hallowed portals. May 2014 be just as enjoyable as its predecessors on this, the Best of all PPRuNe Threads!

Last edited by Chugalug2; 22nd Dec 2013 at 10:20.