PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2013, 08:11
Dave Wilson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danny

They had timed lights at Gutersloh when I was there in the 70's, very good they were too. There's a road in Lincoln with 12 sets of lights laughingly called the Tritton relief road that could do with them. It's Lincoln's longest car park.

Educated Armourer

Whereabouts in Waddo are you? I'm one of the noisemongers at Waddo flying club, come over and have a brew sometime.

MMitch

The only Christmas I remember being on duty (although there must have been more) was at Gut when I was on Snow and Ice over the period. We were called out on New Year's Eve too.... The three or four of us that were there spent most of the call out racing around the sheet ice in our cars on 3 Sqdn's pan well away from any interfering eyes; headlights on in the dark sliding all over the place. Great fun.

Edit: I remember being on orderly dog once at Sealand. I had been trying some homebrew the night before so was a little under the weather, so the earthquake that happened wasa bit of a dream like affair. It left a ripple in the concrete floor of the guardroom. The same thing happened when I was instructing at Cosford. The classroom started shaking and my immediate thoughts were that a Vulcan was doing a roller. It was just another earthquake. Another one woke me up in Lincoln not so many years ago. Thank God we live in an earthquake free country. Although having said that the original Lincoln Cathedral was almost destroyed in one.