PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Love flying, not keen on dying :))
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2013, 23:53
CaptainChairborne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have no intention of stirring up trouble, and I am certainly not a troll. I am simply looking for credible advice. To this end, the "JFDI" responses reinforce my view that many pilots out there simply do not understand some of the risks involved, and are frustrated when there is someone who challenges their own long-held misconceptions. So, I understand I'm hitting a few nerves, and the emotional responses are to be expected.
So you come to ask for advice and when you get it and it disagrees with your opinion you rubbish it. I notice that you've had the same advice here and on Flyer, and still you think it is because the people most experienced in the field are more ignorant than you. So what happens when someone is advising you on the things to do and to avoid when you are joining the circuit? Or how to set up your approach in a crosswind? Believe me, we don't only 'know' the risks, we experience them first hand every time we fly P1, and most of us are very chastened and humbled by them - regularly

To become a safe and successful pilot, you need to learn to take advice from those who know more than you - I've learned a lot from the generosity of other pilots and I'm grateful to them for that. Could you?

What did you expect from these threads? That we would give you a model of TMG that is guaranteed not to crash? That was never going to happen. Everytime we get into our aircraft we risk our lives, but we will have done the same when we got into our cars to drive to the airfield, or to drive to work, or to take our children to school. All the rest really is trolling. We aren't going to persuade you that flying is ultra safe and you aren't going to persuade us that our hobby is wild, reckless and foolish.

Like I said, I don't think any minds are going to be changed on either side, so lets leave it there

Last edited by CaptainChairborne; 22nd Dec 2013 at 00:20.