PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Love flying, not keen on dying :))
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2013, 16:42
Heston

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If some-one tells you these are as safe as regular aircraft, they're lying or they're misinformed.

No mate, its you who are mis-informed. And its that that is irritating me. I mean I'm irritated on your behalf, because you are getting some very odd advice.

In a different life I was a management consultant (I know, spare me the jokes - I don't need to borrow your watch to tell you the time). In that world there is a phrase for what you are doing to yourself

"paralysis by analysis"

Stop doing research. Stop posting on here. Go and get some flying lessons. We had another saying: JFDI. That's Just Effing Do It.

Edit to add: I do fly for a living (instructor) and I have hundreds of hours on microlights. Whilst I agree that I'm always learning I do know that you're getting the wrong end of the stick. Lets take your assertion about cross-wind limits - all aircraft have a "demonstrated crosswind limit" - if there is a cross wind it is the PILOTs decision whether or not to fly in it (based on the aircraft performance and his/her own skill) - big jets usually have a greater cross wind limit than "regular GA" aircraft, so why based on your logic aren't you saying you shouldn't fly in a Cessna 150?

Last edited by Heston; 21st Dec 2013 at 16:55.