PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2013, 16:37
Jack1985

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can people please read Copenhagen's post and actually understand where we are before posting, it would really show well in this forum.

isn't profitable from Cork or too much of a gamble....
I think them not being confident enough to make such gambles says it all really, demand is still far down on the high of 2008, but look I'm happy we've got anything, I'm just hoping this is the bottom of this spiral for over 5 years now, I'd rather increased frequencies over any new route, at least its a backbone then for the airport to have. For example the two weekly Brussels although down from 4 weekly in Winter 2012/2013, is being supported by those who campaigned for it, let's just hope they continue to because I actually don't hear them complaining about the twice weekly Monday and Friday service and its always rather busy lately.

840 knocks it exactly on the head when he points out the following in relation to sending an ATR to Brussels;

You're looking at a nearly 3 hour flight if you use it for Brussels, so aside from the comfort factor, you need to take into account that in the time it takes for a return trip, you could have squeezed in 2 return trips to the UK.
Look I'll say it again, can managment please focus on short-haul. We arent going to be able to support long-haul, can we just forget it for once and focus in the medium-term on what we are trying to keep and grow.