PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Entering autos: discussion split from Glasgow crash thread
Old 21st Dec 2013, 14:10
SASless

Received 524 Likes on 219 Posts
Devil,

The 135 based just south of me which supports a large hospital just north of me.....keeps whizzing by in cruise not much more than 500 feet.....and a Bell 407....might get up to 500 feet.

As they pass right over the house particularly the 135....I cannot help but worry just a bit about that in light of the Mosby and Glasgow crashes.

Do EMS Operators specify a "normal" minimum enroute altitude for Day/Night VFR Local Area flight?

I have checked my Home Owners Insurance and it would appear I am covered for damage to my roof by falling objects so I am not too worried should something happen while I am in the LZ Bar located in my basement.

So it is only idle curiosity and not with an intent to file a complaint that I ask. it is more to satisfy a question that arises when I see this happen.....as that altitude does not afford a great deal of cushion should something ugly happen....and perhaps Pilots set themselves up for extra problems by staying low rather than getting on up a bit.

This is the latest EMS Aircraft in the area....pretty thing!