PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Love flying, not keen on dying :))
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2013, 12:21
flarepilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
spandex, you are right, I should have said a NEW PERSONALITY for Christmas.

When you tell someone they should not fly and you lose money by doing so, you are doing someone a favor.

When you tell someone they should not fly and they are relieved and don't say, BUT I HAVE TO ACCOMPLISH THIS...you are doing them a favor.

When someone turns out to have an odd disorder and by telling them to not fly you have saved their lives...you are doing them a favor. (as an aside, I had a student who had over a 100 hours with another instructor, I took her on and she was doing very well. Sharp and doing fine. I kept things calm and her previous instructor had been a ''screamer'' (you know the type spandex...you seem to be like that)...but then, entering the pattern after I told her she was ready to be a pilot, she flew the downwind losing altitude, not turning base leg and oblivious to the altimeter...now flying the downwind at 300', I couldn't believe it and asked her to read me the altimeter...she said 800'(pattern alt). I told her she was at 300', we left the pattern , and I said, try it again: She did the same thing...suddenly oblivious to the altimeter...suddenly she had screwed things up.

And then I found out she was being forced to learn to fly by her father. That she really didn't want to learn how to fly, and that there was a deep disorder which made her want to fail.

I told her she didn't have to learn and I couldn't send her for a checkride, knowing that she would be taking her young son on flights with this terrible conflict within her.)

So spandex masher, life is not black and white, life is not pick a fight with a Yank. LIfe is not simply persevere, overcome nerves and all that.

Good luck getting that "NEW" personality...your present one should be recalled.

IF it was simply they were nervous, but wanted to fly and work at it...that would be different.

You gave an example of a harrier pilot throwing up...someone in the military (not too many civilian harrier pilots, right?) might be nervous and persevere and its not his money, right?

NO SPANDEX, you have a chip on your shoulder. Being a flight instructor was my job, it would not have been a bother to teach someone like I mentioned. I would have made more money, flying hours and been better off...I took a LOSS to do the right thing.

Try doing the right thing spandex, it might do you some good.