PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Solo supervision Lapsed SEP
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2013, 10:47
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well some of do see the benefit of solo time to refresh PIC skills and develop confidence for when they get let loose with innocent pax onboard.

There is no question or issue with getting any ones ass in a sling.

I am not confusing the issue. The integrated student has already completed the SEP class rating its just they were never signed off for it by an examiner to allow the class rating to be issued so your only revalidating there training to bring them up to speed for class test.

Clearly neither do the authority.
Well if you fire leading questions into them what do you expect. Say yes and he will piss off, leave it for a bit and then do nothing and maybe things on pprune will calm down and people will just continue what they are doing anyway and everyone can be happy.

And There are going to be a couple of single figure exam call signs not happy with it either as I have seen them send and recommend some solo time for students revalidating.

My experience is that it is a useful tool to bring the pilot up to the standard to be safe flying innocent pax. Are we training pilots to pass tests or be safe pilots?

Again I ask what is the safety case for stopping those of us that are happy and willing who believe it is of benefit to the student from doing it.

You have stated that you don't think its worth it so now you are actively trying to get the authority to issue a policy to make others comply with your interpretation.

Pre JAR they had legislated that the student did have to repeat there XC after a period so its not as if there isn't many years of it being prescribed for a class renewal. Yes any idiot can pole the aircraft round a series of exercises. But the PIC side of things needs refreshed as well. Supervised solo time plays a big part in that which is why we have it for license issue. The being on their tod and having to deal with situations themselves is a wake up call some need. Better to do it supervised than by themselves.

Every student is different it is appropriate and required for some others its not required.