PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aerad or Jeppersen
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2002, 05:58
ImNot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sure you will find for every Aerad fan there is a Jepp fan. . .I beleive what you learn with is what you prefer. Whether a school uses Jepps or Aerads shouldn't be of too much concerne as long as the examiner is happy who cares. . .I get the distinct impression that a greater majority of air carriers supply Jepps but I'm sure I will be corrected.. .One really nice thing Jepp has introduced (in the US at least) over the last couple of years is a really cool, easy to understand at glance, pictoral missed approach instruction box under the plan view. . .The US NOS charts are slowly bringing this in and i'm sure anyone who has had the pleasure of using these charts will agree that they are by far the best of the lot. Unfortunately they only cover the US. . .Not only are they very good but put Jepp and Aerad to shame when you consider that for the price of a pint of larger and a packet of crisps you can buy plates for an area the size of the UK covering more airports. Of course we will always be the poor relation of the US when it comes to aviation though.. . . . <small>[ 17 March 2002, 03:12: Message edited by: Im Not ]</small>