PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aerad or Jeppersen
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2002, 01:42
QNH 1013

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think GG22 has given a good summary of the two.. .My initial choice was made by the groundschool (PPSC)who supplied Aerads for the distance learning course I took. These Aerads were frozen in time and so used the layouts of about ten years ago. In particular the en-route charts had changed significantly in their annotations such that Airways numbers and distances between waypoints had swapped positions. I had to learn how to use them again for the flying training.. .. .Flushed with the success of the "writtens" I decided to subscribe to either Aerad or Jepp so I would have my own current set for the flying training and my home computer practice. I rang up both organisations and asked them for samples of their current charts and plates. For what my opinion is worth, I decided to subscribe to Aerad (approx £160 first year, £130 to renew).. .. .I did the flying training for the IR at PAT (EGHH) and they too used Aerads but I'm sure you could have provided your own Jepps if you preferred.. .. .Whichever you choose, I think after a couple of years most pilots would rather change their wife than change their supplier of charts and plates.