PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aerad or Jeppersen
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2002, 01:13
greengage22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are 3 types of document:. .. .1: En route charts (or rad navs, if you prefer). .. .2: Flight information books. .. .3: SIDs, STARs, and approach plates.. .. .Of these, there is no question that the Aerad en route charts are just so much better than Jeppesen. Stiffer paper, several colours, and really neat clear printing, well laid out. No competition. Actually, the specification is from the RAF's No 1 Aeronautical Information Documents Unit at Northolt. Aerad have managed to swing a deal allowing them to ride on the back of the RAF, and so they share in the RAF's high standards. Clever guys.. .. .For the FLIP documents, ie, list of airfields, runways, navaids, etc, in text, there's not much to choose. Either is pretty good.. .. .AS for approach plates, I think, whatever turns you on. It's a matter of what you, personally, are used to. I prefer Aerad because of the use of colour and I find the printing a bit easier to read. But I wouldn't fight to the death with someone who prefers Jeppesen over it. And Jeppesen does have better world wide cover (at least, I think so).