PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - July 03 course to become Jan 04?
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2003, 14:58
Goidel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pprune Radar

Personally the problem was not with the amount of time taken over testing, do expect a couple of months between application and second interview and a job offer. What got to me was the timespan of over a year between job offer and the ability to start training (what other job would you expect that sort of time lag?) and the expectation to put your life on hold for that period.

Think that I was in the same position as Mr 777 in the regard that I did really want to become part of the organisation, but I am on a later course and my patience just got too thin - so I accepted another job.

Just like to respond to Down Ampney's post in that I didn't think that NATS "owed" me anything. I was honored to get offered a place and the amount of work that I did before an interview was just the same as doing work to go for any job, research into the company etc. The only thing that you could say you are owed is a bit of common courtesy and a department that tells you a definate answer as to what is going to happen to your carear. Not just fob you off and not be able to give you any answers and make you feel like your bothering them.