PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircrew Sustainability
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2013, 13:53
VinRouge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First tour averaged 500 per year, second tour slightly lower although next year is expected to be monster... 500 plus I reckon. Some of us are currently doing 80 hour+ months if you are (un)lucky (depending on perspective!).

Best 31 day month was 123 hours with over 150 sectors.

Dont want to do that again! Its very fleet dependent, heard rumours sentinel guys max out on their hours pretty much every year due to the "on station" nature of the job (plus a bit of 'freelance' I hear).

The big issue I forsee if the airlines go spastic recruitment wise is retention. Whilst current rating is a requirement for now, having lots of experience monging round without a ROS is a dangerous place to be, when your experience is stuck behind a desk and finds out what home stability is like. Especially if rumours of overseas airlines hubbing LGW Are to be believed. We are much smaller as a force and any individual experience now leaving forms a bigger percentage of the lost pie. Not to forget the 130+ front enders needed to establish 400m, plus fleet growth (voyager), plus the result of pretty much most 1st/2nd tourists having a ticket in their pocket and no pension to stay in for. Not grumbling, just the very difficult situation we face.

Retirement of 130K Tri* and VC10 should help.

Last edited by VinRouge; 20th Dec 2013 at 14:12.