PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Love flying, not keen on dying :))
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2013, 13:41
flarepilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
after reading about your START in aviation (in places I would never like to go) dear original poster, I can see your fear.

Why not learn in a General Aviation Airplane in a First World Aviation country?

Just heard about the theatre or is it theater over there that had the roof collaspe in london.

things do happen when you do anything. people on the ground died in the lockerbie crash.

you could be sitting at home watching tv and plane falls on you...even with its engine running just fine!

dear WOMBAT...thanks for understanding about engine failures in cars vs planes. it is worrisome to read these other comments.

as you know, an airliner at 35000 feet can probably glide over 100 miles.

and even a small piper at 3000' probably has at least 3 minutes to find a place to land...THOUGH A WELL TRAINED PILOT ALWAYS HAS A FIELD IN MIND in which to land.

while I don't have the info in front of me, I can imagine a motor glider has a smaller crosswind limit, less ability on instruments and poorer ground handling, and that high aspect ratio wing would probably be worse in icing (not that you should be flying in icing).

knock on wood, but I've flown since 1975 and never had a full engine failure. flying light GA pistons, turboprops and jets.

so dear original poster, find a first rate place to learn to fly, with excellent maintenance . And numbers about certain planes can be offset by other problems.

I recall that certain super modern light GA planes have less capability to deal with lightning.

fly in very nice weather, near the home base, look for other planes and places to land all in daylight and things won't be so bad.