PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bond ground all UK EC135s
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2013, 09:44
cockney steve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would suggest the helicopter fares a lot better in unpowered flight, especially at the end.
I'd agree with tha last bit...the transition to,and execution of, unpowered flight seems to be the problem....the actual landing, less-so.
( I have tried to master a Nitro-powered model, flights tend to cost ~£50 a go in crash-damage Not as expensive as flying full-size, but vastly more twitchy and the complication of orientation , flying from an external viewpoint.
I was heartened to hear from a Pilot who flies both full-size and models, that the latter are infinitely harder! ) Plenty of youtube footage of model pilots cutting and then autoing to their feet !

@ Jim Jim 1... yes, harsh, but you are advocating an unneccessary layer of complexity. It is fallacious to assume the contents being measured, are of a tightly -controlled consistency and constituency...not so! laboratory-standard measuring-systems have no place in an industrial environment, especially when, as demonstrated, the measurement is error-prone and based on a theoretical standard of purity which is not borne out in practise.