PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying to France this Sunday...
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2003, 21:52
wallabie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You want it..................

The other day I was in a café more than willing to pay my due when the owner just plainly turned his back on me the minute I asked for the bill. Do not fret and go into deep paranoïa, they sometimes do these sort of things............to anyone including americans ! Fly Blue is right, they do not take gloves and it starts right among themselves.
I concur, enjoy, sip the wine, patronize as many restaurants as you can, MacDonald is abusing an already very abusive tax system and if your boys ask you for a Hamburger.....................put them on the first flight home to Granny !
One tip though, if you're driving in Nice, you want to keep your car and trunck locked even while driving. Car jacking has turned into a local trend.
You will come home, safe, having the satisfaction of having beaten the odds of survival and you'll see the look of admiration in your countrymen's eyes. As to your wife and kids they'll think of you are a mixture of Tarzan and Lord Montgomory ( I'd say this is worth the trip !!!

Allow me to just try something while droping by :

SCREW THE FRENCH !!!!!!! ( Danny, don't make me pay too high of a price for this, I'm still on bail !)

So that's what makes you tick ?? That's odd, I don't feel a thing.