PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2013, 23:08
G-F0RC3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Considering a couple of days ago you described your CTC assessment as "[a] Great day all round", why the sudden outburst now flytheskies? You may have some valid points, but your timing just comes across as sour grapes.

If you were well above the minimum entry requirements then how could CTC assume you had no chance of success prior to assessing you? Perhaps they do want to make a bit of money out of it, but if you do meet the minimum requirements and made a good application then I don't see how it would be fair on you to reject you in the first instance?

I knew prior to applying that a) it would cost me £200, b) it would be unlikely I'd make it past stage 1, and c) I wouldn't get any feedback, and therefore probably never know exactly why I didn't make it. But for this opportunity it's still well worth that risk. I haven't heard back from FTE yet, but I'm psychologically prepared for bad news. It's not that I was poor on the assessment day, it's just that the competition is high. We have to be honest with ourselves and try to learn from our experiences; instead of moaning about the whole process as if what has happened is some kind of great surprise and injustice.

No offense.