PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2013, 21:59
flytheskies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
British Airways Future Pilot Programme.

I'm sorry to say that the conclusion I have drawn from stage 1 of this process is that it is a massive money making scheme. Churning through as many "hopefuls" as possible is a cruel way of making money. At £200 odd pounds a pop you'd think they'd be in a position to give feedback to any candidate that asked - but no. And to add insult to injury , they're not content with the measly £200 they got out of you - they want to get the full £84-£100k out of your pocket by insinuating that you 'scored well enough to be considered for a full license with CTC/OAA/FTE ...'

I have been left very disappointed by this process and feel it is all wrong in its approach and delivery. We are allowing these few schools - who dominate the market - to play on our hopes, wishes and dreams of becoming an airline pilot and -I'm sorry to say - shaft us out of as much money as possible. I am surprised that a reputable company such as BA would allow such practices and condone the herding of hundreds of dreamers through this who may have no hope in hell of ever seeing the controls of an aircraft.