PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Thames Airport for London
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2013, 19:51
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If these well-paid blue-collar workers cannot be bothered to move 50 miles, they don't deserve a job.
You are on a different planet sir, you really, really are.
Most of the airline pilots I know, even the younger ones, well, they may have debts but they're right up their on the income scale in comparison with most.
In the UK, the country you've apparently never been to, most loaders were dumped onto third party handlers who pay poor wages. Servisair, Swissport and Menzies are in a race to the bottom with Ts and Cs. The only in house loaders nowadays are a few legacy loaders at LHR and a handful of minor players.

Funny thing, if you're really a captain for a real airline, I would have thought you would know that.....just saying. I mean it's common knowledge in the industry.
and getting laid of for half the year,
I am genuinely sorry your career didn't pan out as you might have wished but you're woes are not really a typical example and suggesting the guy doing the manual lifting deserves to lose his job is pretty unjust.

Since we have just spent £300 billion on Merchant Bankers
Can I ask you again, are you British or American? You use "we" but I thought you were from the US? You're a confusing fellow!