PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying schools around Melbourne
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2003, 18:45
Louie the Fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm in the same boat as flyer 12...
Also looking for a good school in Melbourne for PPL and CPL.

The info in this thread is great, but I get the feeling there's a bit of an avoidance of naming names (apart from posts in another thread which seem to knock TVSA to vaying degrees). The Australian aviation community being a finite universe would explain this, I guess.

The reason I write this, is that I'm going in on the ground floor, and the best way to get conned is to know ****** all about the possible traps (or trappers - the best wolves dress well as sheep).

I'm not saying I'm a total dunce who will walk in blind, without doing a little research first.

But if anyone wants to name names, I'm all ears.
Specifically, I'm thinking at this stage of going with Moorabbin Flying Services. Any feedback on this potential choice?

Also, what about these diploma courses? Would having a piece of paper behind me look better to an employer, than if I did the hard yards, hour by hour?

I realise times are tough for aviation at the moment, and many would probably criticise my choice of trying to get in now, but I figure times have been tough before, and once it all blows over, people are still going to want to travel - hopefully just in time for me to have some hours up my sleeve! Wishful thinking, maybe, gotta be an optimist, though....