PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My exchange with (BA Executive Club)
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2013, 07:03
fa2fi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Biased I agree. But last time I flew British Scareways I was ordered off a flight as I didn't have a seat assignment, despite being a regular fare paying passenger with a regular ticket - certainly not non revving. Besides it's just an LCC that forces you to pay for a drink and bird seed. They've even charging for bags on some routes - just charging £10 less so they can get away with saying they don't charge for bags.

Yes they do have FF but Avios points are poor since Air Miles were devalued. Plus seat assignment can be expensive and unless you have status or are willing to pay you'll be given free seats which are the left over dross. And let's not get started on the staff attitude and the complete shut down of short haul at the slightest sign of trouble in Deathrow (yes I know why they do it).

I was rather hoping Vueling would take over more short haul flying for BA. I have to say apart from the slightly les than adequate leg room, they are by far te best short haul travel option in the IAG group.

But then again you get to tell your friends you're flying BA and not a LCC/charter. Can't put a price on that, can you?