PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - World Wide Helicopters
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2013, 05:43
sillohed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
World Wide

Doc,
I was happy to see that you made contact with us. As you can see there are few of us left apparently. I was on the Glomar 5 flying a Bell 47 for a short while and then went to Benghazi to fly the Beaver. That was in the winter/spring of 1964. I had been in Ameland on the Shell operation there the previous summer.

I started a facebook page for a bit more intimate contact between us and I have sent you an invitation to that site as well.

I am very interested in your PBY operations. I had heard there was a PBY operation in that area but did not know who it was. I would be very interested in hearing the story. After I left WWH in the summer of 64 I spent many years flying aerial survey including a couple of stints in PBY's in India and Central America. We only flew airborne survey and not waterborne which I understand you were flying. From what I heard you were doing something similar to what we were doing in the North Sea with helicopters.

I look forward to your input with interest as I am sure the other guys do as well.