PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2013, 19:25
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hedscratchinbookwurkin stuff.

Cheer up Creamy – at least you always try to make sense of the puzzles. Some of your attempts are flourishing, for example – non aligned independent Senators. When you first floated the notion it intrigued me and being a self confessed political ignoramus, I asked some not as thick to explain. It's quite a game this political lark, but once you get the blinkers off some of it at least becomes clear (sometimes).

I listened very carefully to remarks made by Sen. Fawcett during the AMROBA meeting Friday last. Then I listened twice more, once you get the cotton wool out things become much clearer. I respect Fawcett, but you can see (or hear in this case) where he's hamstrung and although he tries to show the way, he really can't push the barrow too far. The disappointing thing is realising this as a fact of political reality.

Fawcett did advocate submissions by all, even if you just grab (for example) the AMROBA offering, write a brief covering letter to the effect that their submission is 'your' submission, it seems that helps the numbers game, which appears to be an essential element. Crazy ain't it, but if you want to win, you must know how to play.

Part of the Fawcett opening remarks involved not lashing CASA but explaining 'how' dodgy legislation has affected you. Now this opens a basket of snakes; a 'he said – she said' legal argument about 'law' rather than a discussion on how bad law is being subjectively applied; or how the administrative policy hammer is used to enforce rule sets which do not remotely affect 'safety'. So good intentions once again pave the way to hell's gate.

We need the reform, we must reform the regulator and to do that, 'we' must ensure that the executive will power nerve is touched. It's a shame the review is all trussed up in party politics. It's a disgrace that the final Truss contribution to Australian aviation is dishing out the wet lettuce leaf whips with strict instructions to play nice; what a weak note to end a lacklustre career on. It's sad but true, Fawcett would have been a bloody handy asset, no doubt he'll do the best he can; but I fear Creamy has the right of it. It's the independent, non aligned or Sunny's PMC that will turn the trick. Well, let's at least try to win the first rubber, if numbers are needed then our end of the deal is to supply them.

I don't however think we should be conned into believing that no matter what, the powers of darkness will win this event; no matter how many previous disappointing games have been lost. Sure, it's just another attempted fit up, trick is to work out how to beat the buggers. "I'll get the first round in Creamy".

Last edited by Kharon; 18th Dec 2013 at 19:49. Reason: Saving my pennies to buy CP a Chrissy beer.