PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAA is going down the Drain!
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2013, 03:44
lilflyboy262...2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Going down? I thought it was gone.

Vlam, not criticizing, but are you the lovely person I met in Botswana in 2010/2011? Or is that person your F/O? I see them on Facebook complaining about lost luggage too.

Also, the lost baggage they are responsible for replacing. The damaged baggage however, they are not. It is part of the limited liability that you agree with when you purchase the ticket. This is standard around the world with most airlines.
Its one of the reasons why you get travel insurance.

You'll also find that passengers are given a standard weight which includes their carry on luggage. So unless everyone on board was overweight by a significant amount, then you will probably find that you weren't overloaded.
I also challenge you, that in some point in your career (I don't expect an honest reply), that you haven't flown overweight at some point... Either by fudging the figures, or by using standard weights but knowing that all your pax on board weren't standard.
It's best if the pot doesn't call the kettle black.

Luggage bins aren't structural. But you are on the money with the locks not being able to handle it if overloaded by a significant amount.

I totally agree with you on the cabin crew. I think it is a bit hit and miss with what you get. I have had good and bad. My parents however, have only had terrible. The older A340s are an embarrassment as well. Badly need an overhaul.