PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 Cancelled, then what ?
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2013, 01:10
SpazSinbad

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts
Dr. Ng Eng Hen Quote Re F-35B Interest for Singapore

Latest quote from Dr.No hisself....

Transcript of Joint Press Conference between US Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel and Singapore Minister for Defence Dr Ng Eng Hen (Excerpts) 13 Dec 2013
"...Question: For Minister Ng, could you tell us about Singapore's interest in the F-35B. I know some of you were watching that demonstrations this week in Arizona.

Dr Ng: I've said in Parliament during the last budget that Singapore is seriously looking at the F-35s to replace our F-5s. We're in no particular hurry because our F-16s are still very operational, they are due for upgrades but it is a serious consideration and during my visit here to Luke Air Base, the US marines were kind enough to have a demonstration of the F-35Bs and it's quite an engineering marvel. We recognise that there are aspects to consider and we will make our deliberate decision because as I said we are in no particular hurry but we are seriously considering."
MINDEF - Resources - Transcript of Joint Press Conference between US Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel and Singapore Minister for Defence Dr Ng Eng Hen (Excerpts) (13 Dec 13)

And this is wot El Bog Dan said in the quote above mentioned by LO:
"...He said he was also cautiously optimistic that South Korea could decide to buy the radar-evading F-35 in its 60-fighter competition, with a decision expected there in June...."
Pentagon sees Singapore's decision about buying F-35s by summer | Reuters

Prescient huh.