PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Entering autos: discussion split from Glasgow crash thread
Old 17th Dec 2013, 22:19
Thomas coupling

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Peter I beg you to stop spreading false statements on this web site...please!

I believe you are an Instructor - yes? I was one for many mnay years too. Several posts back someone asked how many EOL's I had actually done in a single engined helo. I estimated conservatively that it was around 2500 EOL's and they ranged from 50'/120kts to 12000'/0kts to downwind @800'. Now many of those entry into EOL manouevres required me to either lower the collective first AND flare simultaneously or just flare first and then adjust with collective.
BUT please believe this Peter for I am alive and kicking (much to the consternation of many on here ) to prove it, but all I ever ever did on several hundred+ EOL's was simply lower the collective and NOTHING ELSE. In the UK (and because I currently teach 5 other countries' pilots) several other countries, the standard response to MOST entries is LOWER THE COLLECTIVE TO RETAIN Nr. It is most definitely not, no never ever will be: ALWAYS SELECT AFT CYCLIC FIRST.

Please qualify your claims before you confuse new pilots on this site