PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Windy day tomorrow - Dublin
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2013, 21:18
Maddie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Guys!!

Yep my Mum was delighted to see me, it was her 97th birthday, but not as much as I was to to see terra firma at Dublin.

And Hotel Tango, I am so glad that I didn't know that it was BHX you knew you would be landing in a cross-wind in, as that was my departure airportl

As it was a special day (and I don't mean the weather!), I decided that if I were to fly that I would make it worth it. I had seen a giant teddy in Duty Free many times, a minature version of which I had purchased previously for my Mum, that she loved.

I asked at check in would there be a problem if I purchased the larger version and was told it would be ok.

I have to say mile buiochas (thousand thanks) to Aer Lingus, for accommodating Little, sorry, Big Fred. He even got a row of seats to himself. If I could have posted a picture of him here I would have. He was very big and my Mum loves him.

But yep on a more serious note I have said it before and will say it again, the support nervous flyers like myself get here, means so much. It has helped me fly, which in turn, means I have been able to have more quality time with my Mum over the past 10 years, which I would otherwise not have had, if I had to rely on the ferry and train.

So Happy Christmas and New Year to all the wonderful folk here.

Maddie