PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Entering autos: discussion split from Glasgow crash thread
Old 17th Dec 2013, 16:04
DOUBLE BOGEY

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts
Apology to nick lappos - at my own behest

Dear Nick,

For some inexplicable reason PPRUNERS have formed the impression that I somehow blame you for the S92 crash. This is due in most part to my indvertant link to the detail in the NTSB report intimating that the crew training may have led them to beleive that they could continue beyond the safe haven of the RFM limitations and procedures.

If you have this impression from me it is not true and if I have somehow implied that I apologise completley.

Reading back through your posts You and I preach the same thing. Follow the bloody flight manual.

I may have made a mistake attacking John Dixons post about low NR but I really beleive when you guys speak...it matters and people listen.

I worry about posts that suggest there are alternative values to minimum NR and of course I am not naive enough to realise that there is a safety margin, thanks to the efforts of you guys. However there is a continued danger present when values are quoted beyond true capability.

DB