PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 4
Thread: Jet2 4
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2013, 15:56
757 Speedbrakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think many of us, who have seen the development over the years of the holiday company, thought it would end up like the Thomson / Thomas Cook / Monarch model, with scheduled tickets still available.

That might have ended up with a fleet of 737-800's and a few 767's for high density Spanish and Canaries routes as well as flights to North America. Sadly, with the increasing costs of the long haul market and the even greater cost of contingencies incase of a tech aircraft in Florida for example, I don't think Jet2 will obtain wide body aircraft for some years. That certainly seems to be the management position.

As I've mentioned before, as this discussion crops up on this forum every six months or so. Just because an airline is 'looking at an aircraft or route', it doesn't mean that they are going to do it. Surely it's standard practice when running any business that you look at different markets or expansion. For now, I think Jet2 will concentrate on their current, profitable routes. At least, until the economy picks up a lot more. Many passengers are yet to return to their second / winter holidays.