PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2013, 14:55
TIMA9X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
moa999 let's rewind the thread a little shall we,

#997 by noip
And in a contrasting management style, we have SpaceX - out to change the world:

"As much as possible, avoid hiring MBAs. MBA programs don’t teach people how to create companies. " - Elon Musk

"At my companies, our position is that we hire someone in spite of an MBA, not because of one." - Elon Musk

Even the job descriptions tell you it is a "Can Do" company ..

Software Developer - Borg

I love this bit:

"Working at SpaceX, you will hold a large degree of personal responsibility, work on awesome stuff and every day be completely baffled as to how you ever worked anywhere else."

What a refreshing change.
then away we go again with the, "employee costs" people on here again & again, until noip posts .. hint, hint, nudge nudge, wink wink say no more...

#1026... sigh ...

spellcheck .. wrong. Can't be bothered covering it all AGAIN FFS!!

AND

for the 4 millionth and third time .. the current problems at QF have ZERO to do with employee costs.

then moa999 says again #1158

My personal views is that Jetstar (both Australia and International) was/is a good move by Qantas by keeping inhouse most of the domestic LCC growth in Australia (which was inevitable no matter who funded it) and at least giving Qantas a seat at the table in Asia, although I unfortunately think the LCCs based in Thailand, Malaysia and ultimately China are going to dominate due to cost basis.
Hell, am I out of place by saying "a few Qantas pilots particularity LH ones" may want to post more heads banging against the wall than noip did in his last post?

it goes on...

Qantas definitely made a bad move by not ordering 777s about 5-yrs ago when the 787 issues first became apparent in order to get rid of its rapidly ageing 747 fleet for routes that weren't A380 sized, but that would have potentially meant running five widebodies in transition periods (A380, B747, B777, B787, A330 which gets back into Ansett style issues)
Yeah, we know, I promise you....

I board my American/European made plane as are the engines and most of the components, with seats and IFE made overseas, although there is an Australian movie and radio channel, and some embarrassing Australian produced safety demo. The fuel was driled in the Emirates, refined in Singapore and shipped to Australia by a Chinese owned, some random nation flag carrier ship. My meal might have been prepared in Australia, but equally at a foreign port from the local caterer, my can of Coca-Cola is actually made in Thailand.
my bold

Urmmm, that's the way it has always been for long haul, and....??

speaking of Thailand.... sounds a lot like what Clifford & Joyce are trying to do, backfired for the Pepsico corporate wallies..... thought they knew SE Asia..

Pepsi, The No.1 Soda In Thailand, Just Had Its Market Share Wiped Out By A Lookalike Brand

Read more: Pepsi, Thailand, And Est - Business Insider

Pepsi Thailand, with a 48 percent market share. Coke
only the second most popular drink there, with 42 percent.

But all that changed late last year when PepsiCo failed to renew a distribution contract. Pepsi's main retail distributor withdrew all Pepsi products from its shelves and replaced them with "Est," its own Pepsi-lookalike brand.

By the end of the year, it became difficult to find Pepsi in Thailand, Reuters reports.

Now, Pepsi has only a 15 percent share of the market. Coke is No.1. Est is probably the No.2 brand, with a 19 percent share, and something called "Big Cola" had a 16 percent share at the end of 2012, according to the Bangkok Post.

The catastrophe happened because PepsiCo tried, and failed, to take over the distributor, Serm Suk. When the contract ended, Serm Suk launched Est in Pepsi's place

moa999, and the other "employee costs people" on here, in my view Clifford & Joyce are doing a Pepsi Thailand with the Jetstar brand using Qantas money on the backs of the hard work done by the operational staff at Qantas for over 90 years. I call it corporate highjacking.

As this is a pilots network I support them, I want to see all of them prosper, they have worked hard to get where they are today and they are good at what they do....

And another thing, the original Qantas was always International, the core reason why the Jetstar International aspect annoys the crap out of me.... I never had anything against the domestic version created by Joyce, he did the right thing.. but his "Jetstared ego" is threatening the existence of "Qantas pilots jobs!"

What pis_es me off more, the current mini CEO of Q Int, who so far has done nothing for the cause that I can see other than go along with whatever Joyce wants, so what's the point of his existence other than a good example of an unnecessary layer, a "list manager" if you like who was born from a "holy created bean counter division" Frequent Flyers, again off the back of brand Qantas, yes it creates money which should always go directly back into QF! The question is, does it?

Qantas group is top heavy with bean counter types, way too many of them, who appear to not have a clue about the core business, Qantas. So what do they do? The usual, they blame the operational staff costing too much, been there done that too many times now, no sole... Won't be long until one of these MBA types arranges to install coin operated tugs for push-back, The T&C's will be amended to read "ground staff to kick the tin," the suit gets the bonus.

Last edited by TIMA9X; 17th Dec 2013 at 15:59.