PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Entering autos: discussion split from Glasgow crash thread
Old 17th Dec 2013, 14:50
DOUBLE BOGEY

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts
Lonewolf - I have dug no hole. I stand by what I have said. When people make statements about capabilities beyond that published in the flight manual is, and always will be "ARSE".

Surely even you lot can form sufficient metal dexterity to form the link between:

This:

This chest beating arse was responsible for the demise of the S92 in Newfoundland! Rubbish beyond the content of the RFM spouted by people who should know better.

and this:

"The pilots had been taught during initial and recurrent S-92A simulator training that a gearbox failure would be gradual and always preceded by noise and vibration. This likely contributed to the captain's decision to continue towards CYYT."

and this:

The pilots experienced difficulties controlling the helicopter following the engine shut-down, placing the helicopter in a downwind autorotative descent with main rotor rpm and airspeed well below prescribed RFM limits. This led to an excessive rate of descent from which the pilots could not recover prior to impact.

and the merits of Peter Gillies posts.

If advocating that we follow the limits in the Flight Manual and stop making claims beyond those limits.....is digging a hole then I will gladly dig.

There is none so blind as those that cannot see!