PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Moving to Dubai
Thread: Moving to Dubai
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2013, 12:37
Old and Horrified

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moving to Dubai

A question to all you living and working in Dubai.

My son (not PP member so I am writing on his behalf) gained his CPL(H) 4 years ago and has managed to keep it current and cover his costs with various B206 ad-hoc work (pleasure flights, weddings etc.). However, each year the hours he works have been getting less and less, and the long term opportunities are unclear. Luckily he has another job which he enjoys and has been able to fit the flying around that.

He has now been offered a (non-flying) job in Dubai which he has accepted and plans to start at the end of January. Apart from looking forward to the new job, he is obviously hoping that there might be some opportunities for either pleasure flying or even ad hoc paid flying while in Dubai. We have found out that he can (apparently, but needs to be confirmed) get a Dubai license by taking a local law exam, medical and flight test together his current CAA CPL, but we have found it less easy to get the details.

My (our) question is can anyone give any useful tips, contacts, web sites, other sources of information that will:

1. Help him settle into ex-pat living in Dubai,

but more importantly:

2. Get to do some helicopter flying while there!

Many thanks in advance,

O+H