PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Entering autos: discussion split from Glasgow crash thread
Old 17th Dec 2013, 09:19
HeliComparator

Received 39 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by John Eacott

I can only assume that you are disregarding the Canadian TSB Accident Report? I have emphasised the pertinent part which refutes your assertion about the P1s understanding of the S92 and my subsequent concern over your inflammatory comment about (I assume) Nick Lappos.
Although a good report in general, that particular conclusion I found strange. The subject was thrashed at great length on this forum, with me as a significant participant IIRC (by which I mean "so I remember it well"), for a long time. Even when finally the truth was established it was a constant battle to dissuade pop-up posters from repeating the old and false mantras for several years. The manufacturer's representatives in my view took no steps to encourage the truth to be promulgated, in fact it seemed rather the opposite.

So to say that because the issue was finally, after several years of confusion, put to bed on this forum, therefore there can have been no confusion elsewhere, is a leap of faith too far. Last time I looked PPruNE is not mandatory reading for all pilots!

Anyway, way off topic again, and all done to death before.