PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What Makes an Outstanding Captain
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2013, 08:37
spannersatcx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

parabellum, sorry to hear about your experience with Engineering support from the local major carrier, I would hope that as we are the same team we can work together, I think that happens, certainly does with me.

I would certainly in this instance make a write up in your flight report about it, it does get back to HKG and they will try and do something about it, after all CX are paying for their services!

Broadband Circuit, maybe I'm old school, certainly old! but OTP is nice to achieve but it is not the over riding factor, I (and a mjority of my colleagues) safety is. Whilst we would endeavour to avoid a tech delay sometimes you just can't, this is where experience and knowledge comes in and communicating with the crew to ensure a satisfactory (and safe) resolution.
'Capt are you happy?' 'yes' fine I'll write it up and off you go, 'no', 'fine we will see what we can do to get you out of here, how long before you are out of hours?' Simple really.

Anyway whatever you are doing over the 'festive season' I hope it's not too stressful and you get to see your families, Merry Xmas.