PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My dream - advice please (collective thread)
Old 17th Dec 2013, 01:22
Shamrock 84T

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some Advice?

Hello everyone, I'm from Ireland and currently I'm working my way toward becoming a professional pilot via the modular method at AFTA Cork. For several reasons I have decided on this approach the first one being money, although my father works in the public service as you may know our country has been suffering imormously for over 5 years now and his pay is a 1/3 of what it used to be whilst expenditure has increased during those years, but hey it's where we are and it ain't gonna stop me, I hope.

I'm 19. And I love my passion for this so much it takes my life over at times, I work Mondays to Fridays to support my family and pay for my training and to have an actual social life also which comes third after flying which is my second priority, family is and will always be first. To make sure this was the right career to be going down I passed my Class 1 medical with flying colours last week, as I work weekdays I will complete my PPL at the weekends until I receive my licence, I will then seek a loan to carryout my ATPL course. This whole process I estimate will take me just over 2 years, my questions are;

1) When I have completed my ATPL what happens next?

2) How likely am I to get a job following the completion of this process?

I'd also like some of your opinions with regards my method of doing this, I really appreciate you reading this and would like to hear your views which would be massively appreciated.