PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Chancellor's Autumn Statement; end of self employed pilots??
Old 16th Dec 2013, 20:22
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can see a certain loco having to cover its substantial flying programme in STN with "non-based pilots", or should I say "independant service providers" sourced from another "base" , or even "non-base" (MRS)

This may well have an impact on certain companies, but you can be sure that much of the impact will be on what used to be known as "Contractors", who 7 or 8 years ago chose to give up their permanent employment to become Brookies, & only saw as far as the big bag of money with nary a glance into the future to see the legacy they were bestowing upon themselves & the next generation courtesy of their short term greed, as contracting became the only show in town, & permanent contracts were no longer even on offer.

Well, the clever guys stashed away a LOT of Bucks, & the ones after them have to go to bed at night waiting for a knock on the door.

Sad seedy little industry that aviation has become , I guess it will all be sorted over the next few years.